Monday, April 28, 2008

TdLH Follow up

So, the results were posted today, and I didn't finish dead last. There were two people behind me. In one of the all-time great scoring travesties, though, they had me listed as finishing in 3 hours even. Incorrect - it was 2:54. Imagine that...this was a ride that benefited the cops, and they stole 6 minutes from me! Those snakes. Worse - they had the two people that finished behind me, finishing in the same time! Gasp! They hadn't even finished by the time I got my bike in my car! I would guess they were about ten minutes behind me.

All joking aside...I looked up the time of the guy that won...2:05 (assuming it was accurate). He beat me by 50 minutes. Yikes. A guy named Jon Kameen, who, of course, was a skinny little thin mint. I want to say it's my goal to win this thing next year, but I have to be honest with myself...that would be a real tall order, and would take a ton of work. Hill repeats, intervals, diet...can I do all that for a year? One wonders...

Ok, Jon Kameen, you're on my radar, punk.

The (semi)Official List of Things Rog is Better than Jon Kameen At:

Playing them drums, or any other kind of percussion,
Boxing,
Jiu-jitsu,
Pizza eating contests,
Lollygagging,
Self-loathing

Just wait til next year.

No comments: