Thursday, April 17, 2008

But weight, there's more

I haven't been talking so much about what I weigh, even though losing weight to make riding in the mountains easier was one of my original goals. Reason being I wasn't doing a very good job of taking it off. I'm definitely getting a lot more exercise, being out on the bike so much, but although I'd started incorporating more healthy food into my diet, I hadn't cut out the shit - the pork roll and cheese sandwiches, the mountain dew, the potato chips... Well, I'm conducting an experiment. I'm eating nothing but an organic vegetarian (not quite vegan - I won't give up honey!) diet for a solid week, drinking only water (ok, a juice glass of orange juice per day), and not eating before I go to bed.

So far, I'm four days into this plan, I feel great, more alert mentally, and I've lost seven pounds.

Seven. In four days. Sunday, I was 246.8, monday I was 244. Tuesday I was 242, Wednesday I was 239, and today I'm 237.6.

I gotta say, I'm impressed.

So, Saturday I reward myself with a big, shitty meal, and then I get back on it. I'm going to see how far I can get, and although I can be a bit willpower-challenged, hopefully I'll just keep going, and going, and going, until I'm at my target weight of 185.

P.S. - if I go spiralling back down the junk food ladder, I give everyone permission to bust my balls, and call me a fat fuck.

No comments: