Friday, April 18, 2008

Great ride today

Long, and somewhat slow. I generally keep a somewhat better pace than todays, but I was hampered by a little Garmin confusion at first; I had loaded this route into the Garmin, but it seems the Garmin gets a bit confused when confronted with a route that crosses over itself a couple times...then later in the ride, my stomach was acting up a bit, probably a result of having two root beers at lunch. But, a great ride nonetheless...challenging, and great scenery for the most part. The Jersey Shore - yet another part of NJ that people from other states, who rag on NJ even though they only know it from bad jokes, and an 8 mile stretch of the Turnpike, should be forced to go see. Since they can't, or won't, here's exhibit A:



Here's the stats for the ride http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/5430061.

The climb up to that rest area was definitely a challenge for a big, flatlanding clydesdale like myself. I love the climbing, but I'm built for punching a hole through wind on flat terrain. In fact, several times, I've gone out for a ride while it was windy, and at one point or another realized that some little thin mint, who can climb circles around me, but is afraid of wind on the flats, has been wheelsucking, without announcing his presence. Cheesy barnacles...

Anyways, 4,734 feet of climbing, over a 60 mile course, makes for a tired Rog, so even though I planned on going into more detail about this ride, I think I'm going to bag it, in favor of visiting the wonderful land of nod. Be good, you hooligans.

No comments: