Sunday, April 6, 2008

26 days to go

Er ah...ok, a little good, a little bad last week. I got virtually no riding in before Saturday, the result of rain, and a little bit of laziness. I also started eating a lot healthier, finally...but went flying off the tracks several times. Oreos and the like were eaten.

The bright side, though. Yeah, the bright side. Went for my usual Saturday ride, from my place, to Bike Haven, which is my "LBS", or local bike shop...although it's not really that local to me. But, it's the best shop around, and it's a good ride - 55 miles round trip.

It was supposed to be yet another rainy day, but it turned out to be absolutely beautiful. Sunny, 60 degrees...no need for knee warmers, which makes me happy. Knee/leg warmers, while sometimes necessary, are a pain in the ass...especially if you're riding more than 30 miles or so, and they need to be adjusted. Just a big pain. So, the warm weather was great, although I still almost sissed out, due to the wind. Not just the wind, though...there's something else. This may seem obvious, but for the first couple of weeks that I was training for this ride, I felt terrible, and simply put, I hate feeling like that. Its bad enough I have to lug all this extra body weight up and down hills, but I don't have any legs, either, and that just makes this no fun. Id look at my bike, and it looks fast even sitting still, and I want to ride. I'm dying to ride. But then I get out there, and I just want to go back inside, cause I'm so bad at it...but this week, finally, I hit a bit of a turning point; my legs are coming back.

I actually almost didn't even do this ride - warm as it was, it was windy, and fat + no legs + wind = no fun. And I certainly would have let that be my excuse if I didn't have that ride coming up in May, but I know what that ride will be like if I don't get in the miles now, so I sucked it up and off I went. And I had a great ride down to Bike Haven, albiet a little wind aided. And suprisingly enough, I had a great ride back. Into the wind. That is a great sign, and now I can't wait for the next ride.

Thats it, thats all I got for now.

No comments: