Sunday, March 16, 2008

A New Beginning

No, not as in a Star Wars new beginning. Yesterday I signed up for the 3-States 3-Mountains Challenge. 100 miles, from Tennessee to Georgia to Alabama and back to Tennessee. It takes place in about six weeks, on May 3rd; so for the next few weeks, this is going to be kind of a training log blog.

Now, I'm in awful shape; without a doubt, the worst shape of my adult life, which is going to make getting in shape for this ride a real challenge. Which is exactly what I need; I need a challenge, something to motivate me. Without that challenge, I'll just keep getting fatter and fatter, as I slowly but surely become one with the couch. The way I feel now is unacceptable, and this ride is going to force me to do something about it. I also need something like this just because I've become something of a hermit. The lovely Kate spends the weekends at my place when she's able, I hang out with my good friend Mike Massimo every couple weeks; outside of that, its go to work, come home, don't bother me. Sammy (my macaw), is my constant companion, which is fine by me, but I probably need more human interaction than that.

Ok, thats enough for now... Over the next few weeks, I'll be detailing what I eat, how much I train, as well as what I weigh. This should be fun.

No comments: