Saturday, March 29, 2008

34 days to go

I don't feel great. I wonder why...could it be the pork roll and cheese sandwich I had for dinner (smart move, when you're training)? Could it be the 54 miles I turned in today? Ah, at least I ate a healthy breakfast and lunch. Still no gym, though, so still no letting myself buy bike schwag. And I need me some shwag (sch, or sh? Neither really looks right), so I better get my fat ass in the gym tomorrow.

Ok, rode down to Bike Haven and back today, 54 miles, 3 hours, 28 minutes. 12 mph tailwind on the way down, 12 mph headwind on the way back. What I wouldn't give for a reverse of this scenario - I'd much rather punch my way through the wind when I feel strong; of course, maybe it's better this way. It's definitely not more fun.

I have more to say on the subject, but I'm pretty whipped, and still need to clean off my bike, and get a shower, so...f off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FG - Best of luck! Try Dr. Sears Zone Diet...I think Slipstream is teaming up with the Zone.

rog said...

I'm actually a fan of the zone diet - I checked it out when of first came out, and the 40-30-30 thing has real merit. When I do eat healthy, I kind of take some stuff from the zone, and some stuff from Gary Null. For dinner tonight - zone favorable vegetarian rice and beans. Sweet.