Friday, March 28, 2008

35 Days

Ok. I have 35 days left, including today, to get ready for the 3 State 3 Mountain Challenge. I thought it was 37, but according to the ticker on the official website, it's 35. So be it. So far, it's not going so well...I have not cleaned my diet up at all; well, maybe I drink a little less soda, and a little more water. But I haven't cut out the junk food at all, and the situation is getting dire. I'm at 242.6 lbs today. I figure I'll die on one of those mountains if I'm a gram over 230. It'll be easy to lose that kind of weight, so long as I'm not a complete asshole. Of course...that begs the question...

What if I'm a complete asshole?

And that's one of the great things about this challenge...I really get to find some things out about myself. Am I an asshole? Do I have the very low level of willpower I need to pull this off? Because, really, it's not going to take that much. Maybe 10 hours on the bike a week, another 3 or 4 in the gym, and some very simple, basic diet adjustments, and I'm good to go. Not that hard. Not that hard at all.

Ok, 35 days. I'll be realistic, and say I'll be on the bike, or in the gym, 80% of those days. That means 28 days, on the bike, or in the gym. Thank god I don't have kids, right? And the lovely Kate is in LA for the next 6 weeks, so no excuses based on time, unless work gets in the way. But that's why I budgeted out those 7 days. Getting the proper rest is going to take still more discipline and organization, as well, but said rest is of paramount importance to just being able to do something like this, and you lose more weight when you sleep enough, even given the same effort. It's scientifically proven. Ask anybody.

Oh god, do I hate the gym, though. My core is, as Stanhope says, soft and doughy. Go ahead, poke it. It'll jiggle. I've taken some pics of topless Rog, for a bit of before and after, but mainly for comedic effect...they'll be posted in late April. Consider yourself warned. I am giving myself an inducement, a carrot on a stick, if you will...I'm not allowing myself to buy anything until I go to the gym. Will I go today? No. I'm cleaning my tastefully decorated townhouse.

I'm not even going to detail what I've eaten today. It's pathetic.

Hey, there's other things going on in the world...Floyd Landis' appeal is being heard by CAS as we speak. Anybody know anything about that? I wonder why the cloak of silence this time around...is it a CAS regulation? Did Floyd realize how much the open court hurt him, public opinion wise? Either way, I think while an open court is best for everyone in general, for Floyd specifically, this is the better option. He has none of Lance Armstrongs ability to positively control his public image.

Good luck, Floyd, even if winning means you have to ride for Rock Racing.

No comments: