Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Positively False

Just picked up Floyd Landis' new book, Positively False. As a writer, he's definitely a hell of a bike rider, but it's a compelling read, and just makes me that much crazier over the way he's being treated. WADA, whether or not Floyd doped, is a criminal organization, and should be disbanded for the way they've conducted themselves, period.

Back to the book - though it's definitely not the greatest prose you'll ever read, it's a compelling read. Floyd seems to have dictated the book to Loren Mooney, who did a good job of writing the book in as transparent a fashion as possible, so it really comes off like Floyd is telling you this story, personally. I'm sure if you listen to it on audio book, you'll be able to completely forget that this is a written book, and feel as though he's speaking directly to you.

I can still read, though, so no audiobook for me.

I have no idea whether he doped or not. Based on how he presents himself, I tend to feel he didn't in my heart, while the cynic in me screams otherwise. Doesn't matter - he's getting hosed here. I'll be shocked if he wins this arbitration. Buy his book - he's going to need the money for the appeal. Which he'll also lose.

No comments: