Saturday, July 28, 2007

Crazy Tour

Ok, so I'm wrong. Levi isn't going to win. But who the hell could have predicted the insane climbing abilities of one Alberto Contador? My god, that kid can skyrocket up a mountain. I've got to make it a point to not work on my upper body for a while (shouldn't be a problem), and lose as much weight as I can, and get my power to weight ratio as high as I can. I've got to see what it would be like to blast up hills to the maximum of my potential. I think if I really killed myself, ate smart, worked out smart, I could get down to about 170. Wouldn't be easy, but I think I could. I'm a climber at heart, anyways...so I'll get down to a buck seventy, and just start finding insane climbs like this one. Yeah, that's a sick motherfucking climb, and that's what I want.

But I digress - the Tour. I've never seen anything like it. Et tu, Vino? You must be a dolt, using someone elses blood. I mean, I can sympathize; he had last year basically just stolen from him, he feels his last shot was slipping away, but still. Duh. And Rasmussen? What a fuckin clown. Doping or not, you're a retard if you basically lie on that diary you have to fill out, letting your national organization know where you'll be. The guy basically missed 4 drug tests. Yep, gone. Fuck him. I never liked him anyways.

And now the Malliot Jaune is back where it belongs, with Discovery. Nothing could make me happier, except maybe a Levi win. This kid Contador is going to be a lot of fun to watch, for a very long time. Of course, Disco might fold, since they don't have a sponsor for next year, so who knows who he'll be riding for.

Can't wait for the Vuelta.

BTW - now, can we please have a verdict for Floyd Landis? Not for nothing, but they've clearly decided to wait til after the Tour to give their decision. Bullshit move. Floyd and WADA/UCI/ASO/USADA deserve to know ASAP. To say nothing of Oscar Pereiro, who stands to inherit Floyd's win if he's found guilty of doping. Hope he doesn't get it - I want Floyd to win.

One last thing - please boycott the book From Lance to Landis, by David Walsh. The guy paid people off for "interviews", and apparently gives an awful lot of misleading information, to make certain people look guilty of certain things. This guy has a vendetta against both Lance and cycling (the sport that killed his son), and he doesn't deserve a cent of your hard earned money.

Ok, that's it for tonight. Be safe.

No comments: