Friday, September 28, 2007

Floyd Landis verdict

It's not like anybody had any doubt about what the verdict was going to be; still, I feel for the guy. I have two hopes - one, that he's really innocent. I hate to think of him as a cheater, even though he probably is. I'm still mad about the day it was announced...I felt like a sucker, and I hope I'm not. Two, I hope he doesn't appeal, and that he's saved whats left of his money, and can figure out a post cycling life.

Hey, Floyd, they can't take your memories away, can they.

I stole David Walsh's book, From Lance to Landis. The guy is a talented writer. He's also a completely disingenuous scumbag - he does a phenomenal job of making it look like he's giving you all the evidence, from a completely neutral standpoint. But, oops, he doesn't mention that he has a vendetta against Lance, or that he has a vendetta against cycling in general, because of his son. Didn't even mention his son. Also oops, I read too much...I read some pages of his book, and I'm like, wait, you didn't mention this or this or this. Lying by omission is still lying. Don't pay for this fucking book. If you must read it, steal it. Or go to the library. This man does not deserve your money. Oh, and by the way, its 99 percent Lance, 1 percent Landis. Hopefully, Trust But Verify will quote this post (as they sometimes do when I post about Floyd), and maybe someone will read this post who was going to buy that book, and not buy it instead.

That is all.

No comments: